Crunchy Tuna Surprise
This recipe comes from my Grandma Mollie's kitchen. I work part-time, and we have a 2-year-old, so I appreciate quick and easy recipes like this.—Lisa Le Sage, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 367 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 1,017 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.