Crispy Coffee Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar and oil. Dissolve coffee in water; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the sugar mixture.
- 2. Roll into 3/4-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 118 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Crispy Coffee Cookies
"I deliberately tweaked this recipe and used 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening, rather than oil. I also used these 2 Coffee-in-3 packets with 2 Tbsp. hot water as I hadn't any instant coffee granules available. I also used 1 tsp. mint extract and used 1/2 packed brown & 1/2 granulated sugar. I used 1 tsp. salt, rather than 3/4 tsp. salt. I kept the amount of flour and baking powder the same and folded in 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips. I baked cookies 7 to 8 minutes @ 400 o F. which worked out much better for me. I got 4 to 4-1/2 dozen cookies. I'd rolled the dough balls in sugar and flattened dough with my hand.I found it worked best to immediately remove cookies from my baking sheets-otherwise they harden and are difficult to remove! delowenstein"
"It was absolutely awful. Not worth making. I don't want to give it any stars but it won't let me submit my review without rating it so I gave it one."