Crispy Coffee Cookies Recipe
I created this recipe because I wanted an easy-to-make cookie that folks can't resist. These tempting treats have a hint of coffee flavor and aren't overly sweet.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar and oil. Dissolve coffee in water; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the sugar mixture.
- 2. Roll into 3/4-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 118 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC