- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, combine sugar and oil. Dissolve coffee in water; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the sugar mixture.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls, then roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets; flatten with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forCrispy Coffee Cookies
"I deliberately tweaked this recipe and used 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening, rather than oil. I also used these 2 Coffee-in-3 packets with 2 Tbsp. hot water as I hadn't any instant coffee granules available. I also used 1 tsp. mint extract and used 1/2 packed brown & 1/2 granulated sugar. I used 1 tsp. salt, rather than 3/4 tsp. salt. I kept the amount of flour and baking powder the same and folded in 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips. I baked cookies 7 to 8 minutes @ 400 o F. which worked out much better for me. I got 4 to 4-1/2 dozen cookies. I'd rolled the dough balls in sugar and flattened dough with my hand.I found it worked best to immediately remove cookies from my baking sheets-otherwise they harden and are difficult to remove! delowenstein"
"It was absolutely awful. Not worth making. I don't want to give it any stars but it won't let me submit my review without rating it so I gave it one."