Crispy Baked Chicken
My siblings and I couldn't wait to sit down to supper when Mom was making this delicious chicken. The cornmeal in the coating gives each juicy golden piece a wonderful crunch.
-Karen Wingate, Coldwater, Kansas
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl combine the first six ingredients. Pour milk in
- another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in the cornmeal
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with
- butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as