- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Combine the first six ingredients. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in the cornmeal mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCrispy Baked Chicken
"It was pretty good."
"easy and delicious"
"Excellent. Used just wings cut in two pieces. Breasts might dry out cooked 50 minutes. Just had a day old leftover- yummy."
"Everyone I have made this for can't believe it's baked not fried. My husband is picky and he loves it."
"I made this for dinner .. It was good and will make it again..."
"My bf loved it; he says #1 spot on the list of faves!"