Creamy Pesto Shrimp Linguine
This is a fantastic dish to impress friends with. They never suspect how easy it is to make. The pesto cream sauce makes it even more delectable than a typical Alfredo sauce.—Jessica Kempton, Logan, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp in butter until shrimp
- turn pink. Remove and set aside. Add cream to the pan; bring to a
- gentle boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until
- slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cheese, pesto and pepper until smooth. Return shrimp to
- the pan; heat through. Drain linguine; serve with sauce. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup linguine with 1 cup sauce equals 1,000 calories, 73 g fat (41 g saturated fat), 355 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.