Creamy Noodles Recipe
There's lots of garlic flavor in this filling side dish. I like it with grilled chicken but it works wonderfully with nearly any menu. -Brenda Nolen of Folsom, Louisiana
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, onion powder, Cajun seasoning, pepper and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat just until smooth (do not boil). Remove from the heat.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; toss with cream sauce. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 234 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC