Creamy Hash Brown Potatoes Recipe
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a lightly greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, sour cream, pepper and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream cheese. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Hash Brown Potatoes
"Easy and yummy!"
"Love this recipe. So simple and easy to make, which is what I look for in a recipe. With 5 children to feed, simple and easy is what I need! It was so delicious, too!"
"Perhaps the potato soup had too much chunky potato in it and not enough liquid. This was extremely dry , not creamy. I had to add milk to make it edible which is not good in a slow cooker. It may have been the soup."
"Love this recipe! I vary this recipe with whatever soup, shredded cheese and cream cheese I have on hand. I prefer cream of chicken soup~but that's just me! I also just add the cream cheese right away mostly because I forget that it is suppose to be added later and find no difference :)"
"Made this for Thanksgiving family dinner in the past...good results!! Doing it in the slow cooker freed up some time for other preparations."
"Have made this on Christmas for the last couple years and they are a HIT! Super easy to put together. You won't be disappointed!"
"I fixed this for a Christmas potluck. Very easy, tasty and easy to transport. I'm sure I will make again!"
"Easy & very yummy...love this recipe!"
"Very easy for camping.Kelli"
"I can't wait to try this one! I cook for only my husband and myself. I will use it as a side dish for a meat dish that I also takes 4 hours, and the next night will top a shepherd's pie with it. It may also be good as a warm side to ham sandwiches.Thanks!!Jenny"
"I'M GOING TO ADD TUNA AND CALL IT A MAIN DISH..THANKS BARB PERCIVAL"
"Convenient frozen hash browns are the secret behind the cheesy, slow-cooker potatoes Julianne Brown cooks up for potlucks and big group gatherings in Springfield, Illinois.View this recipe now"