Convenient frozen hash browns are the secret behind the cheesy slow cooker potatoes I cook up for potlucks and big group gatherings. —Julianne Henson, Streamwood, Illinois
Featured In: 25 Slow Cooker Recipes to Bring to Your Next Potluck
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- Place potatoes in a lightly greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, sour cream, pepper and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream cheese. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Hash Brown Potatoes in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p41
Reviews forCreamy Hash Brown Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2017
"I made this for a baby shower and it was a big hit. Delicious!"
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2014
"easy and yummy!"
Reviewed May. 25, 2012
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2011
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2010