Creamy Hash Brown Potato Soup
“A friend brought me this soup when I was sick,” writes Pat Maruca from Philippi, West Virginia. “It tastes like it simmered for hours, but basic ingredients make it a snap to prepare.” This one’s sure to chase the chillS away!
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water and onion. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; stir in soup and cheese. Cook and stir until
- cheese is melted.
- Stir in the sour cream, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated
- through (do not boil). Yield: 13 servings (about 3 quarts).