Creamy Ham Rolls Recipe
Need a simple-to-serve buffet entree? None's easier than this! "Each roll is an individual portion, so guests can dish up their own," explains Becky Carcich of LIttleton, Colorado. What's more, she adds, you can put it together ahead of time, giving you extra time to enjoy their company.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, dill, garlic salt and pepper until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add broth, cream and mustard; cook until thickened.
- 2. Pour 1 cup into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; reserve another cup for topping. To the remaining sauce, add rice and mushrooms; spoon 1/3 cup onto each ham slice. Roll up and place with seam side down over sauce in pan. Top with reserved sauce.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Ham Rolls
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2010
"Guests go for these in a big way. I have used shredded Swiss cheese instead of cheddar, and that is very good, too."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC