- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, dill, garlic salt and pepper until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add broth, cream and mustard; cook until thickened.
- Pour 1 cup into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; reserve another cup for topping. To the remaining sauce, add rice and mushrooms; spoon 1/3 cup onto each ham slice. Roll up and place with seam side down over sauce in pan. Top with reserved sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Ham Rolls
"Guests go for these in a big way. I have used shredded Swiss cheese instead of cheddar, and that is very good, too."