Creamy Cinnamon Syrup
This versatile cinnamony sauce is great on ice cream...especially for the holidays, but also makes a delightful topping for pancakes or waffles.—April Madsen, Elko, Nevada
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Ice cream
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water and
- cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly;
- boil for 2 minutes, without stirring. Remove from the heat. Let
- stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in evaporated milk. Serve warm or cold with ice cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoon (calculated without ice cream) equals 108 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.