Creamy Chocolate Frosting
"Whisking up a batch of smooth-as-silk fudgy chocolate icing is a snap using this short recipe and your favorite flavor of baking chips," remarks Jeannette Mack from her home in Rushville, New York.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring cream to a simmer, about 180°; remove
- from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Place pan in a bowl of ice water; stir constantly until cooled.
- Gradually whisk in confectioners' sugar until smooth and thick.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: about 3 tablespoons equals 388 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.