Creamy Broccoli Cabbage
"My kids hated cabbage," recalls Lee Silvey of Snohomish, Washington. "But when times were hard, I wanted to make the most of this economical vegetable, so I invented this creamy combination," she explains. "They gobbled it up. Now it's a must at our holiday dinners."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- Salt to taste
- Place cabbage and broccoli in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in cream cheese
- until melted. Drain vegetables; top with cream sauce. Add salt and
- toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 121 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.