"My kids hated cabbage," recalls Lee Silvey of Snohomish, Washington. "But when times were hard, I wanted to make the most of this economical vegetable, so I invented this creamy combination," she explains. "They gobbled it up. Now it's a must at our holiday dinners."
Recommended: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Salt to taste
- Place cabbage and broccoli in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Drain vegetables; top with cream sauce. Add salt and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Broccoli Cabbage in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p9
Reviews forCreamy Broccoli Cabbage
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review