Creamed Pearl Onion Casserole Recipe
- 3/4 pound pearl onions
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute the celery, green onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add cream and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Stir in pearl onions and cheese. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 10 servings.
1/2 cup: 266 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Creamed Pearl Onion Casserole
"I used Fat Free half and half and light parmesan...Yum!"