Creamed Corn with Bacon
My family is addicted to this yummy, crunchy side. I like to make it in the summer with farm-fresh corn! —Tina Repak, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes. Add corn;
- saute 1-2 minutes longer or until onion and corn are tender.
- Stir in the cream, broth, bacon and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-7
- minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and parsley.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 285 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.