- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes. Add corn; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until onion and corn are tender.
- Stir in the cream, broth, bacon and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forCreamed Corn with Bacon
"This is good, but very rich. I didn't have any trouble with the dish being runny or liquidy. I think you just have to make sure you cook it down long enough, and don't get impatient. It's a special occasion dish, but a little rich for every day, at least for me."
"THIS IS AN AMAZING RECIPE!! I chose to try something new today... on Christmas Day!! Crazy maybe, but it was the absolute BEST!! I am a mother of 4 and honestly I am a pickier eater than my kids.... this recipe was so creamy but not too thick. It was just the right amount of salty and sweet! If you like corn and bacon you must give this a try! You won’t be disappointed!! Merry Christmas!!! ??"
"This is really good! I use about 1/2 tsp of onion powder instead of fresh onions. And it has plenty of flavor even without the bacon."
"I made 1/2 recipe for 4 of us. I used a combination of frozen and canned corn because that was all I had on hand. A definite keeper."
"This is the best way to have corn, it's sooo yummy! My Family loves it!!"
"This is an awesome side dish!!!"
"I never would have thought to add bacon with corn, but we loved it!"
"Made this for Thanksgiving a few years ago and is requested again every year after."
"Added a little cornstarch to thicken. Delicious."
"I made this awhile ago and it is very good. Must make again soon!"