Cranberry Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise over muffin halves. Place the lettuce, turkey burgers and cranberry sauce on muffin bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 541 calories, 30 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Turkey Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.