Cranberry Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil for 2 minutes. Drain. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add cilantro, peppers, onion, orange peel, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cool and refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup (prepared with sugar substitute; calculated w/o added salt) equals 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.