Cranberry Salsa Recipe
Wisconsin grows an abundance of cranberries and celebrates the harvest with many cranberry festivals. I don't remember where I obtained this recipe, but it's easy, different...and good! Try it with pork or leftover turkey.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil for 2 minutes. Drain. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add cilantro, peppers, onion, orange peel, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cool and refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Salsa
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC