Wisconsin grows an abundance of cranberries and celebrates the harvest with many cranberry festivals. I don't remember where I obtained this recipe, but it's easy, different...and good! Try it with pork or leftover turkey.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil for 2 minutes. Drain. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add cilantro, peppers, onion, orange peel, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cool and refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Salsa in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p81
Reviews forCranberry Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review