Cranberry Port Cookies Recipe
This is my version of a recipe I tasted years ago and my family loves it. the flaky cookies a filled with a scrumptious combination of dried cranberries, cinnamon, lemon and a hint of port.—Leslie Forte, Oakhill, Virginia
- 1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup port wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until cranberries are finely chopped. Cool completely.
- 2. Roll out each pastry on a lightly floured surface to 1/16-in. thickness. Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 21 circles from each pastry. Place a heaping teaspoonful of filling in the center of half of the circles; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- 3. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry Port Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC