VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup port wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor; cover and process until cranberries are finely chopped. Cool completely.
- Roll out each pastry on a lightly floured surface to 1/16-in. thickness. Using a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 21 circles from each pastry. Place a heaping teaspoonful of filling in the center of half of the circles; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Port Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p121