Cranberry Lemon Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, lemon peel and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 343 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Lemon Sandwiches
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.