I am a retired assistant luncheon manager for an elementary school. In addition to serving lunches, we were often called upon to serve refreshments for school meetings and other occasions. Everyone always enjoyed this cranberry punch.
-Carolyn Griffin, Macon, Georgia
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- In a pitcher, combine the juices, sugar and extract. Stir until sugar
- is dissolved. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving,
- stir in ginger ale. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 280 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.