Cranberry Chip Pancakes Recipe
These simple pancakes from Aris Gonzalez taste so great, you don't even need syrup! The Deltona, Florida cook livens up breakfast by adding cranberries, orange juice and vanilla chips to a classic pancake batter. This one's sure to be a family favorite!
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup complete pancake mix
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the cranberries and 1/2 cup water until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, orange juice, orange peel and remaining water just until moistened. Fold in chips. Drain cranberries; fold into batter.
- 2. Pour by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 6 pancakes.
Reviews for Cranberry Chip Pancakes
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2009
"This has fast become one of my favorites. East and great flavor."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC