Cranberry Chicken and Wild Rice Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the water and rice mix with contents of seasoning packet. Pour around chicken.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads, 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup rice mixture and 1/4 cup sauce equals 332 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 592 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Chicken and Wild Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.