Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
"Cranberries add a delightful tartness to this coffee cake that is a Christmas morning tradition for my family," writes Anne Keenan from Nevada City, California. "I make my own almond paste to use when making this treat." (You can find Anne's recipe by searching for "Homemade Almond Paste" in the Recipe Finder)
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a small bowl, cream almond paste, butter and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add two eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine 1 cup flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Beat in the remaining egg and flour. Stir in extracts. Gently fold in cranberries.
- 2. Spread evenly into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 285 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Almond Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC