- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a small bowl, cream almond paste, butter and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add two eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine 1 cup flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture. Beat in the remaining egg and flour. Stir in extracts. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Spread evenly into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Almond Coffee Cake
"It was very good, but I think 2 1/4 cups of cranberries is too much. When I cut into it, it was mostly cranberry and not enough cake. I will try it again with just under 2 cups."
"This was so awsome friends that took there first bite was surprise of the smell of almonds but no almonds not sweet at all very good!"
"do not overbake as per comments - use craisens or raisens, cherries."
"We liked this recipe but 45 minutes was way to long to bake it is was dried out. Next time I will check it after 30 and watch it. I did not like that it only used half a package of almond paste now I have a half a package. I will probably make it again soon. I also used craisins not fresh cranberries and it was good. I will try blueberries next time."