Nicely seasoned Cracker Dressing is a simple alternative to recipes that call for bread crumbs or cubes, suggests Jan Woodruff of Chandler, Arizona.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups coarsely crushed saltines (about 27 crackers)
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute celery and onion in butter until
- tender. In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, parsley, sage, thyme, salt
- and pepper. Add the crackers and celery mixture; toss lightly.
- Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 460 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 1,287 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.