Crab Salad Supreme Recipe
- 2 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crab, vegetables and seasonings. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, chili sauce and lemon juice; pour over salad and gently toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange lettuce on four individual plates or serving plate. Top with crab salad; garnish with eggs and tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 401 calories, 26 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 292 mg cholesterol, 1,031 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.