Crab Cakes with Red Chili Mayo Recipe
This is one of the most popular appetizers I make and is lovely for a party. The spicy mayo is a perfect accent to the crab cakes. —Tiffany Anderson-Taylor, Gulfport, Florida
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup each finely chopped celery, red onion and sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce and 1-1/4 teaspoons lemon juice. Set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, egg, 1/2 cup reserved mayonnaise mixture and remaining lemon juice. Fold in crab. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining mayonnaise mixture for sauce.
- 3. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Drop crab mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into flour. Gently coat and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 4. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties in remaining oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
1 crab cake with 2 teaspoons sauce equals 140 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Crab Cakes with Red Chili Mayo
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC