- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper *EN
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat (TKAK: seafood market)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Reserve 1/2 cup for cakes; cover and refrigerate remaining for sauce.??
- In a small skillet, saute onions, celery, red pepper and jalapeno pepper in oil until tender. In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise mixture, vegetables, egg, remaining lemon juice and bread crumbs. Fold in crab. Form into patties (24 small cakes) (3/4" thick?). Place onto baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Drop patties into flour. Gently coat. Repeat with remaining patties. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties in oil in batches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with remaining sauce.
Reviews forCrab Cakes with Red Chili Mayo
"Very good. This was my 1st attempt at making crab cakes. Will do again."
"This was my first time making crab cakes and this recipe came out perfect! I served them on slider rolls and put the mayo right on the sliders. They came out really nice looking too and I am not usually good at making recipes look like the picture."
"These were terrific, although I omitted the jalapeno peppers to suit our tastes."
"Loved this recipe. The Red chili Mayo really adds the zing."
"This recipe is very good but lacks horseradish sauce. The next time i make it I'll add about 1 tsp to the sauce."
"delicious. I made these for a dinner party and my guest raved about them. These were gone in a flash."
"This recipe is delicious but one I will not make if my third son is home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. The rest of my family loves it and we'll be making it many more times."