Couscous with Mushrooms
This fluffy and flavorful couscous takes only moments to prepare. “I use couscous a lot because it cooks quickly and is so versatile-you can add almost any vegetable to it.” Claudia Ruiss - Massapequa, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Stir in couscous and mushrooms. Remove from the heat; let
- stand, covered, for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff
- with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 230 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 794 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.