Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
Corn bread is very popular in this part of the country as a complement to soup. These muffins are really easy to make and have good texture and flavor!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center. Add the remaining ingredients; stir just until blended. Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 189 calories, 7g fat (0g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cornmeal Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC