Corn bread is very popular in this part of the country as a complement to soup. These muffins are really easy to make and have good texture and flavor!
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Make a well in the
- center. Add the remaining ingredients; stir just until blended.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One muffin (prepared with light mayonnaise and egg substitute) equals 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat; also, 189 calories, 434 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 29 gm carbohydrates, 3 gm protein, 7 gm fat.