Corn Stuffing Balls
My mom had many "winning" recipes, and this was one of our family's favorites. I can still picture these Corn Stuffing Balls encircling the large meat platter piled high with one of her delicious entrees.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 cups herb-seasoned stuffing croutons
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs yolks, beaten
- Place croutons in a large bowl and set aside. In a skillet, saute
- celery and onion in 1/2 cup butter. Add the corn, water, poultry
- seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat;
- cool for 5 minutes. Pour over croutons. Add egg yolks and mix
- gently. Shape 1/2 cupfuls into balls; flatten slightly. Place in a
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Melt remaining butter;
- drizzle over stuffing balls. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30
- minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 365 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,233 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.