Cordon Bleu Appetizers Recipe
“Looking for a cheesy snack with mass appeal? Adults and kids alike love these satisfying appetizers!” —Susan Mello, Jackson Heights, New York
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup minced chives, divided
- 18 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in the Swiss cheese, ham and 1/4 cup chives. Spread 1 tablespoon mixture over each bread slice; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC