- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives, divided
- 18 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in Swiss cheese, ham and 1/4 cup chives. Spread about 1 tablespoon mixture over each bread slice; place in a 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCordon Bleu Appetizers
"What a delicious appetizer. I used leftover ham from Easter. I was excited to use chives from my garden too! As another reviewer used a baguette, I would have like to also but it was not available the day I was at the store. I went with the French bread and wound up cutting each slice in half for a more manageable appetizer. The texture is perfect and everyone loved the subtle mustard taste. I followed the recipe exactly and it was perfect."
"These are so good!! and really simple to make. I used a baguette so they were small if you use French bread they'd be a meal. I used reduced fat cream cheese."
"I have made this recipe for a few years now and it is amazing!! We do alot of entertaining and football parties and I always double the recipe and I never have leftovers. If you want to make a filling appitizer that everyone will like, this is the one, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!!"
"These are Very good! A Big hit!"
"I made this recipe for my sisters bridal shower, everyone loved it!! I ended up running out...nothing better than seeing a plate full of just crumbs!! =)"
"I made this thought it was ok. Made it agin with twice the amount of cream cheese and added a little cooked chicken made it better I might make them only if I already had everthing."
"I added 5 thin slices of dried beef (from a jar) that I had diced. It gave it the zip and salt it needed without being too salty. I also added a teaspoon of dill weed for flavor. Great!"
"It's a keeper. Thank you for sharing"
"where is the chicken??"