Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook just 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Mash potatoes with butter. Add marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and ginger. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Toss cookie crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 293 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Bake
"Different, but tasty. Did not put in ginger and sprinkled some bread crumbs on top instead of the oatmeal cookiess."
"Very tasty. Will make again."
"very good and tasty"
"i usually make the sweet potato bake with the cranberry pretzel topping for our family gatherings. made this for thanksgiving yesterday for something different. it was good - but not as colorful and festive as the other dish. nice flavor though."