Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
This is an easy dish to prepare and is a perfect addition to that special holiday meal. The topping is flavorful and gives a nice contrast of textures.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing YIELD:10-12 servings
- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook just 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Mash potatoes with butter. Add marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and ginger. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Toss cookie crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 293 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC