Contest-Winning Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese and cream cheese. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soups, milk, onion and salt.
- 2. Spread half of the chicken mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Toss stuffing mix with butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 585 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1564mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein
Reviews for Contest-Winning Chicken Lasagna
"My husband & I both agreed that this recipe is very bland and "needed something". I won't be making this again."
"The sauce is pretty thin on this lasagna and I wish it had more layers. Overall pretty good and I will make it again but I will probably tweek it a little when I do."
"By far my favorite recipe to use for company or taking a meal to someone. Everyone loves it, even kids! I use bread crumbs instead of stuffing to keep down on the salt."
"My Husband and kids loved this recipe. i used a cranberry stuffing on the top and my family loved it. plus always enough left over for another night. I used more than 6 noodles i think i used 9. 6 just didn't cover enough"
"Instead of stuffing mix, use Panko crumbs mixed with shredded mozzarella cheese. Extra crunch with a cheesy taste."
"This was very good....but I added a little thyme....gave it a little zip."
"Yum,Very good- delicious on a cool fall evening!"
"This sounds good but is there any way to get the nutritional values of it?Bev A."
"My family loved this recipe, the only thing that they didnt like about it was the dressing on top."
"Re: chicken LasagnaI bet you could substitue crushed potato chips, corn flakes or bread crunbs for the stuffing mix and save yourself some money."
"we really need to have different ways to prepare chicken this sounds really good cant wait to try it"
"Everything sounded great until the cream of celery soup. I substitute d cream of mushroom. Great!"
"can'twait to try it"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.