Contest-Winning Beef Stuffed Crescents
My neighbor makes these Beef-Stuffed Crescents using jalapenos instead of green chilis and calls them "rattlesnake bites!" I love that this recipe is so easy and has so few ingredients. I've made it for potlucks and family gatherings…and never have any leftovers. —Jennifer Bumgarner, Topeka, Kansas
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and chilies over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, cumin and chili powder.
- Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Separate crescent dough into 24 triangles.
- Place 1 tablespoon of beef mixture along the short end of each
- triangle; carefully roll up.
- Place point side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll equals 175 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.