Contest-Winning Beef Stuffed Crescents Recipe
My neighbor makes these Beef-Stuffed Crescents using jalapenos instead of green chilis and calls them "rattlesnake bites!" I love that this recipe is so easy and has so few ingredients. I've made it for potlucks and family gatherings…and never have any leftovers. —Jennifer Bumgarner, Topeka, Kansas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and chilies over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, cumin and chili powder. Cool slightly.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Separate crescent dough into 24 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon of beef mixture along the short side of each triangle; carefully roll up.
- 3. Place point side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 roll equals 175 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC