- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and chilies over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, cumin and chili powder. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Separate crescent dough into 24 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon of beef mixture along the short side of each triangle; carefully roll up.
- Place point side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forContest-Winning Beef Stuffed Crescents
"Fun idea, but I did not like the cream cheese in the mixture. It made it way too thick for my taste. I won't be making it again"
"Made these exactly to the recipe the first time, they were good, but a little bland. The next time I added a few red pepper flakes, some frozen mixed vegetables, onion & garlic to the meat. Delish!! My whole family loved them and they were a complete meal-to-go with protein, vegetables and bread. Even better as left-overs. A little messy to put together, but well worth the effort"
"I really like this recipe. I used home made puff pastry since I did not have any crescent rolls, and that worked great. I took these appetizers to a gathering of friends and they loved them."
"I use hot italian sausage when I make these instead of beef and a tablespoon of sugar. AWESOME! Always a pleaser."
"I have made this recipe several times and my family loves it. The first few times I made it exactly as called for. I like to experiment, so I've tried a few variations. My oldest son's favorite variation I cook a chopped onion with the beef and add some garlic powder. My youngest son likes it when I make it 1/2 pound of beef and a 1/2 pound of spicy sausage and a little onion. My husband likes all variations. Ha! It is a great recipe and is very versatile. In fact, this will probably be what we have for supper because it really does go together fairly fast. Happy cooking!"
"These are amazing. Hard to eat as leftovers, but excellent when freshly baked."
"I agree with other posters that these are really filling. I only had one and a half, but my boyfriend ate quite a few. He really liked them, but I thought they needed something more. I think I will saute some red pepper with the meat and chilies next time to add more color."
"I just finished making these. I followed the recipe exactly. My hubby is working on his 5th roll. I put a scoop of sour cream on the plate for dipping. This will go on our regular menu rotation"
"I made a scaled down version of this and used all ingredients but the cumin. They were excellent. Im eating light these days and only had one, and it was quite filling. But I definitely could have had more, they're that good."
"I actually used ground sausage instead of ground beef. It definitely gave them more flavor!"