Colorful Crab Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat
- Hot cooked Minute® White Rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots in oil. Add the peas, red pepper, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add crab; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without rice) equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 562 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 lean meat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.