VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots in oil. Add the peas, red pepper, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add crab; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Crab Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p26