Colorful Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 small green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice or linguine, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in reserved marinade; set aside. Drain and discard marinade from beef. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, cook beef in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same pan, stir-fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add carrot and celery; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Add zucchini and snow peas; stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in bean sprouts and heat through.
- 4. Stir broth mixture and stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through. Serve over rice or linguine if desired. Yield: 4 cups.
1 cup (calculated without rice) equals 318 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Colorful Beef Stir-Fry
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.