- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked rice or linguine, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in reserved marinade; set aside. Drain and discard marinade from beef. In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, cook beef in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry green pepper and onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add carrot and celery; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini and snow peas; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bean sprouts; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir broth mixture and stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to the pan; heat through. Serve over rice or linguine if desired. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forColorful Beef Stir-Fry
"This was very good. I added more vegetables and a lot more bean sprouts (I love them.) It would be good with chicken too I think."