Cold Chicken-Cheese Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 18 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1. Combine the salt, chili powder and pepper; rub into chicken cubes. Transfer to a large bowl; add vinegar. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Cool slightly. Alternately thread chicken, cheese and tomatoes onto wooden skewers. Serve cold. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared with pat-skim mozzarella) equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Cold Chicken-Cheese Kabobs
"We've made this recipe several times over the last few years and have made some changes. We marinate the chicken for 5-6 hours. Next time we may marinate the tomatoes too."