When I first sampled this unique cookie, I decided it was the best cookie I'd ever tasted! The coffee flavor and chocolate icing make it a delightful treat at buffets and church socials. — Leitzel Malzahn, Fox Point, Wisconsin
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- vanilla. Combine coffee and flour; stir into creamed mixture and mix
- well. Chill. Shape into 3/4-in. balls and place on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, melt butter and chocolate together. Add melted
- mixture to sugar along with milk; beat until smooth. Frost cookies
- while still warm. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 114 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.