- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Combine coffee and flour; stir into creamed mixture and mix well. Chill. Shape into 3/4-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, melt butter and chocolate together. Add melted mixture to sugar along with milk; beat until smooth. Frost cookies while still warm. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forCoffee Bonbons
"My family loves these cookies! Make sure to use the larger instant coffee granules (like Foldgers) instead of the smaller instant coffee granules (like Via), otherwise they turn out WAY too strong, even for me (and I love coffee)."
"These cookies were OK but nothing great."